Sunday, February 10

Greens, Eggs, and Hollandaise, and pancakes


Weekend breakfast is one of my favorite times to cook for other people.  Not sure if its because I'm totally a morning person, i love coffee, or its just a little slower paced.


This recipe for a slightly deconstructed eggs Benedict is also from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook.  I made it for my husband and dad, and also made my favorite pancake recipe.  For the eggs, the recipe was straightforward and the end product looked great.  We didn't have any bread for toast, so we improvised with pita strips. The meal got good reviews.



Sometimes its either too time consuming or contrived to try to make a vegetarian thing that is just like the main thing.  So, for those instances, i usually make biscuits or pancakes.  I ran across this Vegetarian Times pancake recipe and mix the dry ingredients ahead of time.  Then, I add just > 1:1 Trader Joe's vanilla coconut milk to dry mix in proportion to however much I want to make.  They are light and fluffy like angel food cake batter, and get very light and crispy.     I cook them with nuts and or fruit in the batter, or on top depending on what's in season.  Here, we had toasted pecans and orange blossom honey with plenty of butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment