Monday, September 5

Plum Cordial

This is my summer of the stone fruit.  Last year, I made a handful of plum recipes, and I've always loved peach everything, but this year- I have a stone fruit obsession.  Every time I'm at Mississippi Market, I buy one (or two, or three) of each stone fruit to try them to decide which are best suited for jamming (canning, preserving, or chutneying). And, usually, I do find a reason to go back and pick up a few pounds for a project.  But, I can only eat so much toast, and also so many grilled cheese sandwiches with chutneys, and I already have plans for waffles with peach sauce, so I was excited to see this post for cordial.  I used some gorgeous beet-red Cinderella Plums last week:
I wish I would have taken a photo of the inside- SO beet Red!


Had this setup going while I was at work all day-


And ended up with the hottest pink, sweet-tart plummy syrup!


I am in the process of deciding just how many pints of these stone fruit cordials I will need to get me through the winter, and what else I can dream up making with them to justify making tons more!
The plum cordial with a little water and ice
 


No comments:

Post a Comment